What you need to know
- Plugable has a new range of USB-C adapters available now.
- VGA, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and HDMI adapters are available.
- They each cost $14.95 – or less if you're quick.
Apple isn't the only one that's making computers with fewer and fewer ports but it's definitely the worst offender. You can get a modern Mac portable with any port you want, so long as it's USB-C and Thunderbolt. Plugable knows that's less than ideal – will someone tell Apple, too? – so they just released four new USB-C adapters including VGA, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and HDMI.
All of the new adapters are available now and cost $14.95 apiece. But if you order quickly and take advantage of the Amazon coupon you'll save a few bucks. Here's what's on offer.
- Mirror or extend a 4K HDMI monitor, projector, or TV to your laptop.
- Experience Ultra HD 4K video with an HDMI 1.4 output at resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz.
- Add a DisplayPort port to connect to a monitor with fast, high-quality video via DisplayPort Alt Mode.
- Enjoy clear, crisp visuals with up to 4K 60Hz resolutions.
- Connect an external monitor, projector, or TV via VGA to your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 laptop with clear resolutions up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
- If your ethernet is slowing you down, switch to fast, reliable Gigabit Ethernet connection that keeps up with your needs.
- With driver-less installation in modern versions of Windows, Chrome OS, and macOS, users can quickly get online securely.
USB-C adapters can often be big unsightly things, but Plugable's engineered these to be as svelte as possible so they don't take up all the space in your bag.
With a compact design smaller than most USB-C adapters, these connectors are convenient additions to your workspace without adding clutter. Additionally, their size makes them perfect to take with you on-the-go wherever you need reliable connection or an extra screen.
Each adapter comes with a two-year warranty and everything is completely plug-and-play. No drivers needed here!
Again, all of the adapters are available from Amazon now with the links above – remember to clip that coupon, too.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Free Your Tea Subscription Box is personalized just for your tastes
The Free Your Tea Subscription Box uses a number of methods to get you your perfect blend of teas each month.
Forrest Gump's $100k in Apple stock is now worth almost $49 billion
Forrest Gump hit theaters this week 26 years ago. If Gump's $100,000 investment in Apple Computer was real it'd now net him a cool $48.6 billion.
U.S. considering TikTok ban, says Pompeo
The U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says that the government is 'certainly looking into' banning TikTok and other Chinese social media platforms in the U.S.
If you need to connect a USB-A cable to your MacBook Pro, get an adapter
Call it an adapter, call it a dongle. Whatever you call it, you know you need one.