Pythonista adds iPad Pro support, an action extension and much more
Pythonista (opens in new tab), an integrated development environment that lets your write Python scripts on your iPhone and iPad, has received a major update in version 2.0. The app has added a number of major features, including support for the iPad Pro, along with multiple tabs, new themes, an extension, and much more.
Below is just a smattering of what's been added in Pythonista 2.0:
- Pythonista is now compatible with all iOS screen sizes -- from iPhone 4 to iPad Pro, and everything in-between.
- For larger projects, you can now use multiple editor tabs to switch between related files more quickly.
- The Pythonista app extension allows you to run Python scripts within other apps, using the standard iOS share sheet.
- Additional templates are available in the improved "new file" menu. You can also import photos from your camera roll as image files there.
Pythonista is a free update for existing users, while new users can find it now on the App Store for $9.99.
- $9.99 - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.