What you need to know
- New research has given us a look at the salaries of some Apple employees.
- Business Insider has revealed the salaries of various engineers and software developers.
- Salaries ranged from $350k to $106k.
A new piece of research from Business Insider has revealed a range of salaries paid to Apple employees across disciplines like software development, design, and engineering working on products like its best iPhone, the iPhone 13, and more.
From a report Thursday:
All American companies must disclose how much they intend to pay foreign workers when applying for visas. That shows up in data released by the US's Office of Foreign Labor Certification. It recently disclosed a new batch from the third quarter, revealing information on nearly 1,000 Apple work visas and shedding light on what the company pays for certain roles. The data has limitations, such as lacking stock grants that can significantly increase total compensation. Still, it provides a valuable guide to salaries at Apple for positions such as software developers, electrical engineers, computer and information systems managers, and statisticians.
BI says the salaries come mostly from workers in California, Texas, and Washington, with a sprinkling of others from New York, Colorado, Massachusetts, Oregon, Florida, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Illinois. The highest overall salary was a distinguished engineer in California who earned $350,000, the lowest listed salary was $106,500. Here's a snippet of the software developer salaries:
- Software development engineer for systems (45 applicants): $128,200 to $220,000
- Software development engineer (35): $132,000 to $239,871
- Machine learning engineer (30): $135,000 to $250,000
- Software development engineer for tests (6): $137,275 to $186,110
- Production services engineer (5): $150,000 to $160,000
- Software development engineer for applications (5): $173,835 to $194,105
- Software development engineer for firmware (5): $125,000 to $205,108
- AR/VR software development engineer (4): $120,000 to $246,000
- Machine learning research engineer (4): $154,061 to $211,300
Other salaries listed include electronics engineers, software developers for applications, industrial engineers, and more. You can read the full report here.