The Internet of Things is constantly evolving and adding new products and categories, providing you with a ton of smart solutions and gadgets for your home. Two popular choices of digital assistants these days involve Amazon's Alexa and Apple's HomeKit with Siri. Here are all of the smart home accessories that work flawlessly with both Alexa and HomeKit so you can keep things flexible.
- Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch Starter Kit: Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch Starter Kit
- August Smart Lock Pro: August Smart Lock Pro
- Nanoleaf Light Panels: Nanoleaf Light Panels
- eufyCam 2C: eufyCam 2C
- ecobee SmartThermostat: ecobee SmartThermostat
- Wemo Mini Smart Plug: Wemo Mini Smart Plug
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit: Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit
- LIFX+ BR30 Smart LED Light Bulb with Infrared: LIFX+ BR30 Smart LED Light Bulb with Infrared
- VOCOlinc Smart Power Strip: VOCOlinc Smart Power Strip
- Meross Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini: Meross Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor: Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Santala Smart LED Desk Lamp: Santala Smart LED Desk Lamp
Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch Starter Kit: Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch Starter KitStaff pick $85 at Amazon
Philips Hue LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Smart Light: Philips Hue LightStrip Plus Dimmable LED Smart Light$80 at Amazon
Keep it flexible
As the smart home market grows, more and more companies are adding support for the most popular virtual assistants, but some accessories don't always play well between platforms. If you like to switch between Android and iOS, your smart home accessories need to be just as flexible to ensure that you can dim your lights or change the temperature remotely.
For smart lighting, we love the Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch Starter Kit as it not only works with Alexa and HomeKit, but it also works with the Google Assistant for even more flexibility. Lutron's Caseta lineup also happens to be one of the fastest responding, most reliable, smart home systems around, and this kit provides everything you need to get started.
Want to take things even further? Then check out the ecobee SmartThermostat. This smart solution works with all of the major smart home platforms, and it even has Alexa built-in! It gives you another handy location within the home to control your accessories with just your voice, and it can work with HomeKit's powerful automations to make your heating and cooling schedule completely automatic.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Not sold on Philips Hue light strips? Try these instead
Philips Hue may offer one of the best smart lighting systems on the market, but its smart light strip has some worthwhile competitors. Here's a look at the best alternatives to Philips Hue light strips!
These smoke and CO detectors work with Siri and Apple's HomeKit
So you've automated your lighting, your blinds, your thermostat, your dog's feeding schedule, etc. What's left? Well, why not add some smarts to your smoke detector with these HomeKit-enabled options?
These are the best HomeKit light switches that you can buy today
A HomeKit light switch is an easy way to modernize your home. We've compiled a list of the best options for you to browse.