What you need to know
- Withings has announced the new ScanWatch Horizon with immediate US availability.
- The ScanWatch Horizon is available in two colors with a stainless steel finish.
- Those ordering will pay $499.
Withings has today announced the United States availability for a gorgeous new smartwatch that offers a 30-day battery and Apple health support. The new Withings ScanWatch Horizon is priced at $499 and comes in blue and green colors atop a 316L stainless steel body.
The new watch combines a traditional watch and a smartwatch into one package. On the smarts side, Withings says that atrial fibrillation detection via an ECG is at the top of the new watch's feature list, with clinically validated SpO2 monitoring is also supported. Activity tracking is of course included while that 30-day battery life will be music to the ears of Apple Watch Series 7 owners.
The full list of features reads:
- Clinically validated detection of atrial fibrillation by ECG
- Heart Rate scan every 10 minutes using a PPG sensor
- Clinically validated SpO2
- Automatic activity tracking (walking, running, swimming, distance, and calories burned)
- Training mode with up to 30 activities (measurement of distance, pace, and altitude)
- Fitness level assessment with VO2 Max
- Sleep monitoring (length, quality, sleep phases)
- Smart smartphone notifications
- Altimeter records floors traveled
- Water-resistant up to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Up to 30 days battery life
The new watch ties into Apple Health and will feed all of your activity information, heart rate, and sleep data into the Health app on your iPhone.
If an Apple Watch isn't your style, this could be one of the best iPhone smartwatches on the market — we'll need to see reviews to be sure, though. While we originally reviewed the regular Withings ScanWatch, we'll also be checking out how the ScanWatch Horizon stacks up to the Apple Watch, so stay tuned.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.