Should you reside in Australia, Canada, Ireland or New Zealand you'll be pleased to learn that YouTube Gaming has launched on a screen near you. Already available in the UK and U.S., it's positive to see the service roll out in new countries in order to more effectively compete against the likes of Twitch.
As well as launching the service in four new markets, the official YouTube Gaming app also received some love. Here's what is new in the latest release:
- Revised homepage navigation based on your feedback
- New pages to manage your games and channels, plus discover new ones
- "Live" tab on the homepage with top streams, top games, and more
- Sort top live streams by total viewer count in addition to viewership in your region
- 3D Touch: support for home screen quick actions
- iPad Pro support
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
The web version of the platform is also being revamped with a new simplified homepage, making it easier to get you involved.
- Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.