iMore is your home for everything Apple — iPhone, iPad, iPod, Watch, TV, Mac, and beyond.
Each and every day, iMore brings you in-depth analysis, detailed help guides, relevant news and reviews, engaging videos and podcasts, and much more. All with the goal of helping you find the perfect Apple devices, apps, and accessories for you, and enabling you to get the most of them. The iMore Forums offer expert assistance and discussion, the iMore Store stocks the latest and greatest in cases, Bluetooth, chargers, and other accessories, and the iMore show brings it all together in weekly video and audio form.
Founded in 2007 as phonedifferent.com, our home on the 'net later merged with theiPhoneblog.com, changed names to TiPb.com following the launch of the iPad, and eventually settled on iMore. As of December 2015, iMore has over 11 million monthly readers and is among the biggest and best communities for everything Apple.
Rene Ritchie, Editor-in-Chief
Rene Ritchie is Editor-in-Chief of iMore and Executive Editor of Mobile Nations, including Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, Windows Central, and their over 40 million readers a month. A video producer and personality, he's co-hosted CES Live!, regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network, and his popular series of podcasts, including the iMore show and Debug, have achieved over 20 million cumulative downloads.
Based in Montreal, Rene is a former Director of Product Marketing for an analytical database company, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.
Serenity Caldwell, Managing Editor
Serenity Caldwell is Managing Editor for iMore, responsible for delivery of all its iPhone, iPad, Watch, TV, and Mac content. Serenity comes from a family of musicians, studied theater and film, and worked for Apple Retail. She's an avid podcaster and photographer. She can knock you off the roller derby track faster than you can say R2D2. Before iMore, Serenity worked for four years at Macworld. Now, she continues to work daily, producing columns, videos, and ebooks, speaking at conferences, and, in every way imaginable, helping people all over the world get more out of their iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
Georgia Dow, Senior Editor
Georgia Dow is a Senior Editor-at-Large for iMore, consulting on content planning and editorial direction, and writing a monthly column on how technology impacts the human experience. A highly successful psychotherapist with degrees in education and psychology, and a sought after motivational speaker, Georgia regularly presents at organizations, corporations, and events.
iMore is part of Mobile Nations, which also includes the Android Central, CrackBerry, Windows Central, and communities. As of December 2015, Mobile Nations has over 40 million monthly readers and growing.
Mobile Nations staff work collaboratively with iMore staff to produce the best content possible for our combined audiences.
Derek Kessler, Managing Editor
Derek Kessler is Managing Editor for Mobile Nations, making sure the content train runs consistently and on-time, plus a wide range of special projects across Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, and Windows Central. Previously, Derek ran webOS Nation (formerly PreCentral.net).
When not juggling a dozen phones Derek is a Staff Sergeant in the Ohio Army National Guard, design nerd, armchair pundit, professional ranter, smither of words, and Star Trek fan-fic author.
- Read: Derek's articles
- Twitter: @derekakessler
- Instagram: @derekakessler
- Email: email@example.com
James Falconer, Community Manager
James Falconer runs the forums on Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, and Windows Central, including coordinating with design, development, editorial, social, and managing hundreds of volunteers. He works each day to provide the best possible experience to our millions of members.
Co-founder of CrackBerry, James lives in Winnipeg with his wife. When he's not making our communities awesome, James is sipping Lagavulin or playing hockey. But never at the same time.
Michelle Haag, Office Manager
Michelel Haag keeps Mobile Nations running. She handles general administration, coordination, and support across Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, Windows Central, and more.
A longtime CrackBerry contributor, Michelle also helps run contests across Mobile Nations, making sure readers get chances to win watches, phones, tablets, computers, apps, accessories, and more. She's basically like Santa Claus, if Santa was a lot geekier, lived in Arizona, and gave out gadgets instead of toys.
- Twitter: @_Miche11e_
Taren Gesell, Social Media Manager
Taren Gesell runs social media for Mobile Nations, including Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, Windows Central, and more, and works with our teams to create the most informative, engaging, and entertaining content on the internet.
Taren and his wife, Kim, and their dogs Graycie and Petey live on the Frozen Tundra in Winnipeg, Canada. When Taren isn't on social media, he's racing in triathlons. We're not sure which takes more endurance.
Kevin Michaluk, Chief Media Officer
Kevin Michaluk is in charge of strategy, vision, and direction across the Mobile Nations properties, including Android Central, CrackBerry, iMore, and Windows Central. Kevin work with our amazing team of editors, writers, designers and developers to deliver the world's largest and most influential tech communities to over 40 million unique visitors each month.
A lifelong entrepreneur, Kevin founded CrackBerry.com in 2006, which quickly became the largest independent BlackBerry resource on the net. He lives in Winnipeg with his wife, and enjoys gadgets, EMV, and Campari.
iMore in the Spotlight
From time to time mainstream media outlets are gracious enough to talk about iMore, and we're enthused enough to list them here!
- Should Twitter expand beyond their 140 character limit?, Fox News, January 7, 2016.
- The 100 Most Influential Tech People On Twitter, Business Insider, April 14, 2014.
- Practice patience to avoid paying for Candy Crush, Marketplace, February 19, 2014
- The best tech people on Twitter, Business Insider, July 19, 2013
- No app for that: Apple to settle iTunes lawsuit, Marketplace, February 27, 2013
- Want a cheap Apple iPad? Go refurbished, CTV, November 12, 2012
- Apple bloggers in Canada have solid prediction record, CBC, October 22, 2012
- The choreography of an Apple event, CNN, September 12, 2012
- Apple expected to announce new iPhone 5 Wednesday, ABC15, September 12, 2012
- Apple's new map app... #Fail?, Marketplace, September 19, 2012
- THE APPLE INFLUENCERS: 15 Analysts And Writers You Should Be Following, Business Insider, July 23, 2012
- The best tech people on Twitter, Business Insider, May 21, 2012
- White iPhone is misfit for cases, Marketplace, April 29, 2011
- The Top 25 Tech And Gadget Gurus You Should Follow On Twitter Business Insider, April 22, 2011
- TiPb talking iPad 2 launch on ABC15 ABC15, March 15, 2011
- TiPb on ABC15 talking Verizon iPhone launch ABC15, February 10, 2011
- TiPb on ABC 15 talking Verizon iPhone ABC15, January 11, 2011
- TiPb talking iPhone 4 press conference on ABC15 Phoenix ABC15, July 16, 2010
- iPad users complain about Wi-Fi, Marketplace, April 8, 2010
- Telecom companies take on Apple, Marketplace, February 15, 2010
- 50 Smartphone Blogs to Watch PC World, Feb 7, 2010
- AT&T to iPhone users: Cut back on data! Marketplace, December 10, 2009
- iPhone in China Quest Means Business, CNN International, October 30, 2009
- It's the summer of the smartphone Marketplace, June 19, 2009
- Latest smartphones CNN with Richard Quest, June 18, 2009
- How AT&T Should Handle the Online iPhone Price Backlash Advertising Age, June 10, 2009
- Web sites offer tech help for free KABC News Los Angeles, June 9, 2009
- AT&T Needs to Raise the Bar Advertising Age, June 8, 2009
- Apple Puts Coal in Stocking for Would-Be IPhone Gifters Advertising Age, Jan. 19, 2009
- There's Lots of Tech Help, Yes, on the Internet New York Times, Dec. 24, 2008
- Debating the Smartphone Forbes, Dec. 23, 2008
- Best Smartphone Blogs Attack of the Show, Dec. 8, 2008