Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
Despicable Me: Minion Rush is highly addicting and if you're anything like me, you've probably spent several runs trying to collect bananas, Gru tokens, and more in order to advance.
From the mysterious Disco Room to gift code combinations and more, here are some tips and tricks we have found helpful when playing Despicable Me: Minion Rush.
Game play tips and tricks
Stock up on bananas
The most obvious tip I can give you that will cost you nothing is to collect as many bananas as you can. Most character upgrades and level ups can be purchased in game with just the bananas you collect. Sometimes I'll run through levels just to collect bananas and stock up.
If you aren't opposed to spending some money, the Golden Banana purchase will give you double points for each banana you collect forever. You'll rack up your tally super quick and be able to get upgrades twice as fast.
Connecting to Facebook not only allows you the ability to send your entertaining friends taunts and challenges but also gives you extra Gru tokens the first time you connect it, 50 to be exact. If you have a Facebook account, make sure you link it up.
If you don't have Facebook, you'll most likely spend a little more time collecting tokens in order to skip levels that require Facebook. You can either buy tokens or collect them during runs and by completing certain objectives. Once you've got a good stash of tokens, you can simply skip the tasks that require Facebook by paying a certain amount of tokens.
Don't forget to collect your rewards
As you complete tasks, Gru tokens will become available to you for doing so. Make sure you don't forget to claim them. Minion Rush is sneaky about not really explaining this.
In order to claim tokens for the achievements you've completed, tap on the Goals menu from the main screen. Along the top you'll need to toggle from the goals tab to the achievements tab. Scroll through the list and see if any are completed. If they are you'll see a claim button next to it.
As you get further into runs, you'll notice bonus items that you can use to help you along. Powering these up can be done from the main menu. You'll have to cash in your bananas though so choose which ones you want to cash in carefully.
For example, I have a tendency to level up things that bring me lots more bananas or despicable acts such as the unicorn and banana splitter.
The costumes menu allows you to buy different costumes for your minion. This feature isn't just for fun though. Each costume has its own special powers or features. For example, some will increase your banana count automatically by a certain percentage when you complete a run wearing that costume. Other costumes make power ups last longer.
Stock up on whatever costumes you can afford with your tokens as you receive them.
Minion Rush gives you the ability to earn free Gru tokens whenever you'd like by watching short video ads. Each video you watch will give you 1 free token. The videos are anywhere from 15 to 20 seconds each so it isn't impossible to rack up a decent amount of tokens in a short period of time.
If you don't want to spend real money and you have some patience, it's not a bad option. I've also used this when I'm only a few tokens away from buying a power up that I want since it's quicker than finding tokens within runs or working towards an achievement to unlock it.
You can access the free tokens section of Minion Rush through the Costumes menu. You'll see the button along the bottom labeled Free.
The Disco Room
While in Gru's lab, watch for an area where you see bananas off the track and on a pipe off to the right. You can steer towards that for an awesome bonus portion of the game in the Disco Room.
Minion Rush Cheats
Minion Rush has a section in the settings panel for gift codes. Here are the combinations of minions to use in order to unlock the corresponding prize:
- 5 score perks - Maid Minion + Hulu Minion + Baby Minion
- Free referee minion - Baby Minion + Fireman Minion + Hulu Minion
- Kung fu taunt - Fireman Minion + Golf Minion + Normal Minion
- Laughing taunt - The Golf Minion + Baby Minion + Mustache Minion
- 5 banana perks - Hula Minion + Mustache Minion + Firefighter Minion
Been playing Minion Rush? If you've figured out anything cool we haven't mentioned here or have any other tips you think readers would benefit from, make sure to drop them in the comments below!
- Angry Birds Go!: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Bejeweled Blitz: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats to get your highest scores ever!
- Boom Beach: Top 10 tips and tricks to defeating the Blackguards without spending tons of real cash!
- Candy Crush: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats!
- Candy Crush Saga: Another 10 killer help, hints, and guide to extra lives!
- Card Wars - Adventure Time: 5 tips, hints, and cheats to be the cool guy
- Clash of Clans: Top 6 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Clumsy Ninja: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to train harder and level up faster!
- Cut the Rope 2: Top 10 tips, tricks, and cheats to help Om Nom beat levels and find his candy faster!
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush tips, tricks, and cheats
- Disco Zoo: Top 10 tips and tricks to help you grow your zoo as fast as possible!
- Duet Game: Top 10 tips and tricks!
- Dwarven Den: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to blazing a path to buried treasure!
- Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Top 10 tips and tricks you need to know!
- Farm Heroes Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats
- FarmVille 2 Country Escape: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Flappy Bird: Top 5 tips, hints, and cheats
- Hay day: Top 6 tips, tricks, and cheats to save cash and grow your farm fast!
- The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth: Top 5 tips and tricks for building an empire and forging alliances
- Minecraft Pocket Edition: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Mini Ninjas: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to getting your best run possible!
- Monument Valley: Top 10 tips and tricks to help guide Ida on her journey
- Pet Rescue Saga: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats!
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to pass levels faster
- Plague Inc.: Top 5 tips, tricks and cheats
- Real Racing 3: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats for better cars and faster upgrades!
- The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Top 8 tips, hints, and cheats for donuts, cash, and XP!
- Slayin: Top 5 tips, tricks, and cheats
- Smash Hit: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you achieve your best distance yet!
- Tiny Death Star: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to crush the rebellion faster!
- Tiny Wings: Top 10 tips, hints, and cheats to help you fly higher and nest up faster!
- 2048: Top 7 tips, hints, and cheats to stack your way to a higher score!