How can you change your nickname in Pokémon Go? With the new renaming feature!
Pokémon Go, the hugely popular augmented reality game for fans of those cute little pocket monsters, has been updated to allow you to change your nickname. So, if you picked a name without much thought and now wish you could use something better, you're in luck. But, you can only change your nickname once, so choose wisely.
Parents: This is a great opportunity to help your child pick a new nickname if they originally used their own and you'd prefer they use a different one.
- Launch Pokémon Go from your Home screen.
- Tap the Poké Ball at the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Tap Change Nickname.
- Tap Yes when the confirmation window pops up. You can't back out of this window, so be sure you want to change your nickname.
- Enter the new nickname that others will see.
- Tap OK.
Tap Yes to confirm the changes.
You'll get one final confirmation that you have successfully changed your nickname. Remember, you can only do this once, so be sure it's the name you want for the rest of your Trainer's life.
- Pokemon Go beginner's guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- Pokémon Go parents guide: Keep your kids safe!
- How to change your Pokémon Go trainer avatar
- How to track nearby Pokémon
- Where to find different types of Pokémon
- How to catch Pokémon
- How to evolve and level up Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum