One feature that changed in iOS 7 in regards to the Messages app is how you delete individual messages. In previous versions of iOS, you'd just tap the edit button and tick off the messages you'd like to delete followed by tapping the delete option. Many users have been scratching their heads wondering where that edit option went in iOS 7. It isn't gone, it's just moved. Here's how to find it again!
How to delete iMessages in iOS 7
- Launch the Messages app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7.
- Hold your finger down on any message in the thread you'd like to delete messages from.
- Now tap on the More... option from the menu that pops up.
- You should now have the option to tick off messages and delete them just like you did in previous versions of iOS.
That's all there is to it. You can get back to deleting individual messages!
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out:
- How to enable and activate (or re-activate) iMessage
- How to add additional email addresses to iMessage
- How to copy or forward iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to set messages to automatically delete themselves with iMessage
- How to save space on your iPhone or iPad by setting iMessage videos to automatically delete
- How to edit the expiration of audio messages in iMessage
- How to increase privacy with iMessage
- How to send texts using iMessage
- How to use quick reply messaging with iMessage
- How to mute individual message threads in iMessage
- How to leave group messages with iMessage for iPhone and iPad
- How to send photos using iMessage
- How to quickly delete multiple images at once with iMessage
- How to send videos using iMessage
- How to send photo and video selfies in just seconds with iMessage
- How to send a quick voice message with iMessage
- How to quickly share your location using iMessage
- How to send contact cards using iMessage
- How to send map locations using iMessage
- How to send Voice Memos with iMessage
- How to report iMessage spam to Apple
- How to turn on and off read receipts in iMessage
- How to block iMessages on the iPhone or iPad
- How to block iMessages on the Mac
- How to disable iMessage on iPhone if you switch to Android
- Receiving iMessages on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus but not regular texts? Here's how to fix it!