How to edit text you have dictated to Siri on iPhone and iPad
If you've ever used Siri, you've most likely been given the response that your request couldn't be completed and you could perform a web search instead. In some cases, Siri doesn't understand names or words correctly which causes confusion which results in an error or incorrect results.
There's actually a way to edit your request directly within Siri without having to try and dictate it all over again.
- Launch Siri by holding down the Home button on your iPhone or iPad.
- If and when you dictate something that Siri doesn't understand, scroll back up and find the text you dictated.
- Tap on the chat bubble and you'll notice that you can now edit what Siri heard.
- Make your corrections accordingly.
- Tap the blue Done button and Siri will rethink what you have corrected and output what will hopefully be a correct or more accurate result.
That's all there is to it. In some cases, certain names and places can be frustrating and it's much easier to correct one word than manually search for something in Safari or through your device. Just simply correct what Siri doesn't understand. Try it out and let us know how it works for you!