A shared Photo Stream is a more private way to share a collection of photos with just a specific set of people. This makes it convenient for times when you may not want to post photos on social media, or you want people that don't have Facebook or another service to have access. And just like social media posts, you and others can even like or comment on each other's photos, just in a more private setting.
How to like or comment photos in a shared Photo Stream
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Shared tab in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on the Sharing button in the top left to get to the main view of shared streams.
- Tap on the name of the stream that contains the photo you want to like or leave a comment on.
- Tap on the photo itself.
- Towards the bottom there will be a smiley face icon you can tap to like and a comment field you can tap on to type a comment.