How to resize photos on your iPhone, no computer needed!
If you use your iPhone as your go-to camera, you've undoubtedly come across photos that you want to print out and frame. The number one question I get from family and friends is how to make sure it'll fit into a given frame, whether it be 4x6, square, and so on. As it happens, you can size photos accordingly right inside the Photos app so they're frame ready, no computer needed. Here's how:
How to resize your iPhone photos to frame ready sizes in just seconds
- Launch the Photos app and find the photo you'd like to size. Tap on it.
- Tap on Edit in the upper right hand corner.
- A menu will appear along the bottom. Tap on the Crop icon which is all the way to the right.
- Now tap on the Aspect button.
- Here you can choose what constraints you need for a given frame. Just tap on the one you want.
- Now drag the box around in order to center the photo the way you'd like. Just take care not to pull one of the corners out since that'll change the aspect ratio. If you do it on accident, that's okay. Just hit Aspect at the bottom again and re-select the size you want.
- Once you've got the image centered the way you'd like inside the box, tap on Crop in the upper right hand corner.
- You are then shown a preview of the crop. If you like it, tap Save in the upper right hand corner.
That's all there is to it. Just keep in mind that the crop will save over the original version of the photo. If you want the original image back again, just change the crop ratio back again to original.
Once you're done you can wirelessly print it or send it off however you need to. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you! Do you have framed photos in your home that came straight from your iPhone? How do they compare to the rest? Let us know that too!