How to share Photo Streams with friends and family not using an iPhone or iPad
If you snap lots of photos with your iPhone and use Photo Stream to sync them between your iPad and other devices, odds are you probably share them with iPhone and iPad using friends and relatives as well.
But what about the friends and family members that don't own iOS devices? There's actually no need to leave them out! You can give them access to your shared Photo Streams as well. Here's how:
The way to allow non-iOS users to view your shared Photo Streams is actually quite simple. You can just make them a public website that will have its own unique URL. You can then share that URL with friends and family members whenever you'd like. Here's where to get it:
- Launch the Photos app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Photo Stream tab in the bottom navigation.
- From here tap on the blue arrow next to the shared Photo Stream you'd like to make public.
- Towards the bottom there is an option for Public Website, enable it by turning it to On.
- Now tap on Share Link after it's generated. You'll then be able to copy it to the clipboard or share it many various ways regardless of what mobile platform someone is using.
Anyone you give that URL to will be able to access your shared Photo Stream from any browser. Simple as that. Keep in mind this does turn that particular shared Photo Stream into a public site of sorts. There isn't anything in the URL that would make it easily searchable on a site like Google but keep in mind anyone with a link will have access to it.
You can, of course, unpublish it just as easy as you published it by following the same steps as laid out above.