How to send map locations using iMessage
iMessage isn't just for texting, you can easily and instantly share your location with friends, family, and colleagues as well. Whether you're lost or need someone to give you directions, or you're waiting and want to help someone find you, iMessage is as simple as hitting the share button and sending.
- Launch the Maps app from the Home screen.
- Tap on the little location arrow in the bottom left corner to find your current location.
- Tap on the blue dot and it will show your current location by address.
- Tap the blue arrow on the right of the pin to bring up the details about your current location.
- Tap Share Location at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Message option.
- Choose the contact you'd like to send it to by typing their name or tapping the blue plus sign to add them from your contacts.
- Tap Send and you're done!
That's it! Your contact will get an iMessage with your current location. If they're on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch it will allow them to click into it and it will load automatically onto a map for them in the default Maps app. They can then plug it in to find directions for you and send them back to you.