How to send map locations using iMessage
iMessage isn't just for texting, you can easily and instantly share your location with friends, family, and colleagues as well. Whether you're lost or need someone to give you directions, or you're waiting and want to help someone find you, iMessage is as simple as hitting the share button and sending.
How to send Map locations and directions with iMessage
- Launch the Maps app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the location you'd like to share. If you'd like to share your current location, just continue to the next step.
- Tap on the Share button in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on either Selected Location or Current Location.
- Now tap on Message.
- Type the name of the person you'd like to share your location with and hit Send.
That's all there is to it. They'll receive your location in a message that will automatically launch them into the Maps app on their iPhone or iPad.
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out:
- How to enable and activate (or re-activate) iMessage
- How to add additional email addresses to iMessage
- How to send texts using iMessage
- How to send photos using iMessage
- How to send videos using iMessage
- How to send contact cards using iMessage
- How to send map locations using iMessage
- How to send Voice Memos with iMessage
- How to turn on and off read receipts in iMessage
- How to delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to copy or forward iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to increase privacy with iMessage
- How to report iMessage spam to Apple
- How to block iMessages on the iPhone or iPad
- How to block iMessages on the Mac
- How to disable iMessage on iPhone if you switch to Android