If you're having trouble deciding between the 38mm and 42mm Apple Watch sizes, Apple has made a way for you to try them on — virtually!
In-store try ons will start on April 10, but if you want to get a sense of how both Apple Watch cases look on your wrist right now, today, you can do just that using the Apple Store app. It's not obvious how to get there, but once you know where it is, you can switch between both collections and sizes and see how aluminum, steel, and gold, in 38mm and 48mm, fit.
- Free - Apple Store app - Download now
How to "try on" an Apple Watch with the Apple Store app
- Launch the Apple Store app from your iPhone Home screen.
- Tap on an Apple Watch collection you want to "try on" from the Featured section.
- Tap on View Pricing at the top right.
- Tap on Compare case sizes in the middle.
- Toggle between 38mm or 42mm.
- Put your iPhone on your wrist and see how it looks!
I've tried both Apple Watch sizes on in person and the Apple Store app does a surprisingly good job of simulating the way they look on your wrist. If you like both sizes, however, and still can't decide which one is for you, check out our complete Apple Watch buyers guide: