Millennial Media's July Mobile Mix report shows that while iOS is still dominant, Android is coming on like a freight train. Millenial's stats are also one of the few ways to see what's trending outside the increasingly closed worlds of Google- and Apple-assimilated and controlled ad networks. Here's the breakdown:
- iOS was the platform utilized 100% of the time by multi-platform developers on Millenial's network. Android was second with 75% and RIM in the third position with nearly half developing for their platform.
- iOS remained the leading OS on our Millenial's network in July with a 55% share of impressions.
- Apple ad requests are up 24% month-over-month, 15% since January.
- iPad ad requests grew 327% month-over-month.
- Android OS grew another 47% month-over-month. Since January, Android has grown 690%. Android also officially became the number two OS on the Millennial network (surpassing RIM)
One more chart after the break...