News is Apple's attempt to make online magazines and reporting easier to find, subscribe to, read, and manage. If content is rendered in Apple News Format, it can include gorgeous typography, galleries, interactivity, and more. Otherwise, any web site with an RSS feed can sign up and offer their articles through the News app. It remains to be seen if Apple can help the publishing industry, but News already makes it easier to stay informed on the iPhone and iPad.
How to set up and use the News app for iPhone and iPad
Apple News collects all the sites and stories you want to read, all in one easy place to read them. From the News app on iPhone and iPad, you can see suggested articles, subscribe to channels and genres that interest you, favorite what you like most, and come back for more any time you want!
- How to get started with the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to read articles in the News app
- How to add new channels to Favorites
- How to remove a channel or genre from Favorites
How to manage channels, history, and more in the News app for iPhone and iPad
You can customize your Apple News experience in a variety of ways. That includes muting channels, clearing articles and history, reporting concerns to Apple, opening articles in Safari, handling notifications, background updates, cellular data, and more!
- How to mute a channel in the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to view items in your reading history in the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to clear individual articles from your reading history in the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to clear your reading history in the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to open a News app article in Safari
- How to report a concern to Apple's News staff
- How to disable notifications for the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to disable Background App Refresh for the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to disable Cellular Data for the News app for iPhone and iPad
- How to disable Story Previews in the News app for iPhone and iPad
How to like, share, and save stories in the News app for iPhone and iPad
Apple News isn't just about reading all about what's happening, it's about sharing what matters most to you with the people that matter most. It could be a magazine feature that makes you laugh or breaks your heart, breaking news that changes your worldview or sends you into a rage, or it could simply be something you know someone else cares about, even if you don't.
32 Apple stores reopen in China as special business hours come to an end
Apple has reopened 32 of its stores in China following a period of extended closures in the country due to the coronavirus outbreak.
2021 MacBook may come with Apple-designed processor
A report from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggests that Apple might release a MacBook Pro in 2021 with a processor designed by Apple.
Apple CEO Tim Cook remembers Steve Jobs on his birthday
Today would have been the birthday of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs. He would have been 65.
Get the Apple Watch sport band look for less
Sport Bands look amazing on your Apple Watch, whether you’re at the gym, the office, or out on the town — and they don’t have to cost an arm and a leg, either.