The fine folks from Firecore have been hard at work on their aTV Flash (black) package for jailbroken AppleTVs and have just released a new update that allows all-new firmware backup options, new localizations for our international readers, and playback enhancements.
The Apple TV is an incredibly inexpensive way to easily get all your iTunes music and videos onto your big screen HDTV, along with special channels like Netfix, but you only get support for Apple's own file formats, and for channel parters they select. Jailbreaking and using aTV Flash (black) opens up entirely new worlds beyond Apple.
If you're looking for the full change log, you'll find it past the break. If you really don't need the full details and just want to get yourself updated, version 1.3 is available now from the Firecore website
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide today!
Source - Firecore
- Added automated firmware signature backups
- Added Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish translations
- Added support for advanced (learned) remote commands
- Added support for multiple external subtitles (movie.en.srt, movie.de.srt, etc...)
- Added support for folder based organization/playback
- Added support for embedded DVD chapters
- Added chapters section heading to Playback Menu
- Added global zoom setting
- Improved playback performance for movies with invalid timestamps
- Improved appearance of VobSub subtitles
- Improved metadata fetching for localized file names
- Improved audio track filtering
- Improved playback bar to match native player
- Improved metadata and bulk folder fetching stability
- Improved Media > Settings menu layout
- Resolved issues with folder name changing on metadata fetching
- Resolved issues with buffering
- Resolved rare DVD related crash
- Resolved floating AFP issue that was causing connection issues
- Resolved floating buffer overflow in software decoder
- Minor changes to Grid View appearance
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
Your Apple TV will love these accessories
Your Apple TV can become even better with any of these accessories presented here. From keyboards to remote covers to gaming controllers, we've got your back!