The fine folks from Firecore have been hard at work on their aTV Flash (black) package for jailbroken AppleTVs and have just released a new update that allows all-new firmware backup options, new localizations for our international readers, and playback enhancements.
The Apple TV is an incredibly inexpensive way to easily get all your iTunes music and videos onto your big screen HDTV, along with special channels like Netfix, but you only get support for Apple's own file formats, and for channel parters they select. Jailbreaking and using aTV Flash (black) opens up entirely new worlds beyond Apple.
If you're looking for the full change log, you'll find it past the break. If you really don't need the full details and just want to get yourself updated, version 1.3 is available now from the Firecore website
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide today!
Source - Firecore
- Added automated firmware signature backups
- Added Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish translations
- Added support for advanced (learned) remote commands
- Added support for multiple external subtitles (movie.en.srt, movie.de.srt, etc...)
- Added support for folder based organization/playback
- Added support for embedded DVD chapters
- Added chapters section heading to Playback Menu
- Added global zoom setting
- Improved playback performance for movies with invalid timestamps
- Improved appearance of VobSub subtitles
- Improved metadata fetching for localized file names
- Improved audio track filtering
- Improved playback bar to match native player
- Improved metadata and bulk folder fetching stability
- Improved Media > Settings menu layout
- Resolved issues with folder name changing on metadata fetching
- Resolved issues with buffering
- Resolved rare DVD related crash
- Resolved floating AFP issue that was causing connection issues
- Resolved floating buffer overflow in software decoder
- Minor changes to Grid View appearance
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
Editor-at-Large at Mobile Nations, gadget junkie, energy drinker, ranter.
sooooooooo doe this mean i need to re-jb my atv? or does fire core have an update button?
Go to Maintenance. You would see Upgrade button next to few things. Just click on that. Would update and restart.
thanks mainak!! appreciate it!!
blackberry app world carirer billing in trinidad plz.30k likes for triniberry so we can assume there's more than 50k blackberry users in trinidad..why no carirer builling for paid app world apps.?
I have to say that for the past few of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this site. Keep up the wonderful work.
You already know therefore considerably with regards to this topic, produced me in my opinion imagine it from a lot of various angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be involved until it's one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs nice. Always deal with it up!
Not to interrupt this web site thread, but I'm desperate to find out more about computer repair in NJ. I can't find any reliable sources… Are you aware anything regarding Step Up in NJ? They're based out of Union City, NJ, really not that far from me I can't find any reviews on them…Step Up Technical Solutions 4407 Park Avenue 2nd Floor Union City, NJ 07087 (201) 617-0211
Serious question I've done this and got it to work but can the water seep into the camera through the edges of the camera hole? Curious how sealed that is.. This seems like the sort of thing that could ruin the whole phone in a second and you'll look like a huge idiot for trying. But. I don't know if I can resist..
I had to change the name of my iPhone and then reboot it for the hotspot to show up again, why the heck that works I don't even know.
I bought my MBP barley used from someone and they have set their name as I guess the root user and their name appears next to the little house icon in finder. Also, the app store icon on the dock shows an update available for this users twitter account. It's driving me nuts! How do I get rid of this fool's name off my computer entirely?!?!? I have set myself as the admin but can't seem to get his name out of finder. I don't want him having any association with this computer. It's a MBP mid 2011 running Lion thanks!
I believe this is one of the most important information for me. And i'm satisfied studying your article. But should remark on few general things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Good task, cheers
I ran into this page on accident, surprisingly, this is a wonderful website. The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really insightful. You just secured yourself a guarenteed reader.
Hi,if anyone has bought a direct bikes bike from moped.co.uk or scooter.co.uk could you tell me just how flat pack it comes,how much is there to put together as I have no idea on mechanics whatsoever.How many pieces and what pieces need to be assembles,any help would be gratefully received.thanks
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.