What you need to know
- Apple Music has shared a new teaser for the Apple Music Awards 2021 content starting tomorrow.
- The winners have already been announced, but the celebrations kick off tomorrow.
Apple Music might have already announced the winners of the Apple Music Awards 2021 but there is still a ton of content to come as the streaming service celebrates those winners. Now, a new teaser has been shared to whet the appetite.
With winners including The Weeknd and Olivia Rodrigo, the upcoming content could be a must-watch when it streams on Apple Music and in the Apple TV app.
The Apple Music Awards honor achievements in music across five distinct categories, and winners are chosen through a process that reflects both Apple Music's editorial perspective and what listeners around the world are loving most. The winners for global Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, and Breakthrough Artist of the Year were hand-selected by Apple Music's global editorial team of world-class experts and tastemakers, and the awards for Top Song of the Year and Top Album of the Year are based on streaming data that is reflective of what Apple Music subscribers have been listening to this year.
The awards themselves include multiple categories from around the world, with the full rundown of winners including:
- Global Artist of the Year: The Weeknd
- Breakthrough Artist of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo
- Songwriter of the Year: H.E.R.
- Artist of the Year (Africa): Wizkid
- Artist of the Year (France): Aya Nakamura
- Artist of the Year (Germany): RIN
- Artist of the Year (Japan): OFFICIAL HIGE DANDISM
- Artist of the Year (Russia): Scriptonite