What you need to know
- Chipolo has announced the special edition ONE Spot.
- The item tracker is the first to support Apple's Find My network.
Today, Apple updated its Find My app with support for third-party products for the first time. As part of that announcement, it was revealed that Chipolo will be one of the first brands to support the private tracking network.
For those who aren't familiar with Chipolo, it is an item-finding company much like Tile who is expected to Apple's biggest competitor if it ever gets around to launching its rumored AirTags tracking product. However, it appears that Chipolo has beaten Tile to the punch in supporting Apple's Find My network.
The company is releasing a special edition Chipolo ONE Spot that will allow users to track their belongings with the new Items tab in the updated Find My app. The ONE Spot is small enough that it can be stored in a bag, a wallet, on a keychain, or anything you might want to keep track of.
Created for Apple users, the Chipolo ONE Spot will allow them to locate not just misplaced but also missing personal items, whether enjoying a walk, commuting to work or travelling abroad. Featuring a water-resistant and lightweight design of the Chipolo, users will truly be able to go anywhere and everywhere with peace of mind.
While Tile charges users for premium features, Chipolo says that the ONE Spot will keep premium features without a subscription or additional fee.
The Chipolo ONE Spot is available in the color Almost Black, making it a stylish and useful accessory that easily attaches to keys, luggage, backpacks or even a child's toy. This special edition retains its premium status without any additional hidden subscriptions or premium fees.
Here is the full feature set of the Chipolo ONE Spot:
- Locate items: Connect the Chipolo ONE Spot with your chosen Apple devices and access the last known locations of items through the Find My app.
- Play sound: If Chipolo ONE Spot is nearby, you can play a sound to easily locate it.
- Lost Mode: Should an item ever go missing, it can be put in Lost Mode and the Find My network will notify the owner when it is located. If a lost Chipolo ONE Spot is found by someone other than the owner, they can use the Find My app on any iPhone to identify it and be taken to a website that will display a simple message and contact phone number that can be used to return it.
- Security: The Apple Find My network uses advanced encryption to ensure that no one else, not even Apple or Chipolo, can view the location of the Chipolo ONE Spot.
- Long Battery Life: A lengthy 12 month time span.
- Replaceable Battery: Reduce waste with the option to replace the battery.
- Loud Sound: A 120dB ring.
- Water Resistant: To survive all unexpected splashes.
Primož Zelenšek, the CEO of Chipolo, says that Chipolo on the Find My network is the best of worlds: tracking while maintaining privacy and security.
"We are always working to bring new editions and features to our Chipolo range for both our new and long-term users. We are extremely excited to announce the Find My-enabled Chipolo ONE Spot, which enables users to find more than just misplaced items and offers a solution for those which are truly lost — all while maintaining privacy using advanced encryption so user data and information is protected. This introduces a new level of peace of mind when it comes to keeping your valuables safe and accounted for."
The Chipolo ONE Spot will be available for pre-order in May with the first round of orders currently set to ship out in June. It will be available to order on the Chipolo website or at Best Buy. Those who are interested in getting their hands on one as soon as possible can sign up for the waitlist on the Chipolo website.