Trying to figure out how to shorten URLs quickly and easily? Doplr is Out of all the apps on my iPhone, I find Droplr to be one of my favorites. Not only do they have an iOS version, they have a Mac version as well. It's one of my favorite task management apps since it helps me share and organize files.
I find it incredibly useful for uploading images, long URLS, and videos. It also allows you to create shortened links quickly and easily. Long links are annoying and look bad in statuses and posts. If you find yourself needing shortened links quite often, Droplr will help you do just that.
- First you'll need to purchase Droplr from the App Store. It's currently available for $3.99. - iTunes Link
- Navigate to the web page that you'd like to shorten the link to.
- Select all the text and copy it to your clipboard.
- Launch Droplr and click the plus sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Next select Shorten Link.
- Droplr should automatically have the text you previously copied on the clipboard. Click the check mark in the upper right hand corner to confirm that's the correct URL. If it isn't, simply edit it.
- Droplr will now show the link as created. Simply tap it and it will bring down a menu. The second icon from the left is copy. Tap that and it will copy the shorten link to your clipboard.
- That's it, you can share the shortened version of the link wherever you want or go back into the Droplr app and copy again when needed.
There are several link shortening services available. I just think Droplr has a nice feature set and a great Mac app as well. If you guys use something different, tell us what!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Top 20 home screen customization apps hit 5.7 million downloads in 4 days
Since the release of iOS 14, the desire to customize your home screen is driving record downloads for the apps that help you do it.
Fortnite players, don't update iOS without reading this
Epic Games is warning Fortnite players over updating to iOS 14, in case a feature that temporarily removes apps to make space for the software deletes Fortnite, preventing users from reinstalling it.
Fantastical 3.2 is here with iOS 14 widgets, Scribble support for iPad
Flexibits has today released Fantastical 3.2, bringing iOS 14 widgets to the immensely popular calendar app.
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket! Here are the best options for backing up your phone.