On May 18 the Nintendo Switch will welcome the release of Hyrule Warriors: Definitive edition. If you want to know more about how it compares to Breath of the Wild you can go check out this article. One of the great little additions to previous editions of Hyrule Warriors was the ability to use amiibo to receive cool little in-game items. If you want to start putting together amiibo to use with the Switch release, then here is a great way to start.
Need a spinning weapon?
With all of the following characters, you will receive an in-game spinner weapon.
- SSB Link - $40 (opens in new tab)
- Archer Link - $35 (opens in new tab)
- Rider Link - $22 (opens in new tab)
- Majora's Mas Link - $42 (opens in new tab)
- Ocarina of Time Link - $48 (opens in new tab)
- Skyward Sword Link - $29 (opens in new tab)
- Legend of Zelda Link - $27 (opens in new tab)
- Twilight Princess Link - $30 (opens in new tab)
- Toon Link - $68 (opens in new tab)
- Wind Waker Link - $28 (opens in new tab)
- Wolf Link - $35 (opens in new tab)
Three star weapons
The following characters will grant you a weapon that is three stars or higher, twice a day.
- Ganondorf - $29 (opens in new tab)
- Sheik - $30 (opens in new tab)
- SSB Zelda - $30 (opens in new tab)
- Breath of the Wild Zelda - $24 (opens in new tab)
- Wind Waker Zelda - $30 (opens in new tab)
All other amiibo will grant you a Rupee bonus, a crafting material bonus, or a weapon ranked three stars or lower.
When you're hacking and slashing your way to victory in Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition on your Nintendo Switch, you are going to want all the help you can get. The addition of amiibo can offer you that extra edge you may be looking for. Get ready to tap and hack and slash on May 18, 2018. You can pre-order Hyrule Warriors at Amazon for $60
See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Are you going to be using amiibo with Hyrule Warriors on your Switch? Let us know which ones you're going to be picking up or which ones you already have!
Thought they were making more...
All weapons are unlocked in game. Amiibos do not unlock weapons in this version. Also each amiibo can only be used once a day and up to 5 amiibo can be used daily. But various forms of the same amiibo can not be used. For example if twilight zelda is used and then you use botw zelda it will tell you have already received something from that character already that day.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.