FireCore has released another update to its hugely popular software for jailbroken second generation Apple TV's (2010, 720p version). The new 2.1 release includes a raft of new features and improvements, the most interesting being the ability to create TV Show playlists.
- NEW! TV Show Playlists - easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites - create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc…)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
The aTV Flash software can only be installed on a jailbroken second generation Apple TV (2010, 720p version) as there is still no jailbreak available for the latest third generation Apple TV (2012, 1080p version). If you want to give it a try, version 2.1 is available now from the Firecore website. If you're already running a version of aTV Flash (black) the new 2.1 version can be installed through the Maintenance --> Manage Extras menu.
Need help jailbreaking your Apple TV 2? If so, be sure to check out our full how-to guide.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
UK editor at iMore, mobile technology lover and air conditioning design engineer.