The Apple Watch has long had a "Find My iPhone" button for quickly summoning a wayward smartphone, but what happens when the watch itself goes missing? Whether you've accidentally buried it under a clothing pile or it's gone off on a Pokémon Go walkabout, here's the best way to quickly find it.
How to find a missing Apple Watch
Note: To find your Apple Watch, you'll need iOS 10.3 or later and the Find My iPhone app, and your Apple Watch will need to be powered on.
- Open (or download, if you don't yet have it) Find My iPhone.
- Sign in with your iCloud account.
- Tap on the entry for your Apple Watch.
Select Actions. If your Apple Watch is powered on, you can track it on a map as well as mark it lost, erase it, or play a sound.
- If you've determined that your Apple Watch is within your general vicinity, press Play Sound. Your Apple Watch will begin making a repeated ringing sound. (Your iCloud account will also receive an email notification that the sound was played.)
- When you find your Apple Watch, you can dismiss it from the watch face by tapping Dismiss.
Still can't find your Apple Watch?
If your missing Apple Watch is out of charge or Wi-Fi range, you may be out of luck in locating it via the Find My iPhone app. That said, you can still go about looking the old-fashioned way — back-tracking where you had it previously — and put it into Lost Mode; if someone finds it and powers it on, you'll immediately receive an emailed alert.
Serenity Caldwell contributed to an earlier version of this guide.
Does MacStadium have the first rack-mounted Mac Pro that's out in the wild?
When Apple announced the new Mac Pro would be rack-mountable, there was surely only one place it was thinking about – MacStadium.
New iPhone 12 rumor points to thinner devices, taller form factor
A pretty jumbled rumor from Mac Otakara claims that the next iPhone could be ever-so-slightly thinner than its predecessor.
There's a new official trailer for Apple TV+'s 'Visible: Out on Television'
Apple has shared an official trailer for "Visible: Out on Television" on YouTube.
Protect your iPhone XS with little extra bulk with a thin case
Protect your new iPhone XS from minor scratches and bumps with these thin and lightweight cases.