Sometimes we're in a rush and may forget something, like our iPhone 13. But you still need to make a purchase at the store! So what do you do? Well, if you forgot your iPhone and wallet but still have your Apple Watch, you can use Apple Pay to make your purchase. So here's how to use Apple Pay on Apple Watch — easy peasy!
Using Apple Pay on Apple Watch
As long as you have set up and added one or more bank cards, you can make a purchase with Apple Pay from your Apple Watch:
- Double-click the side button and hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader to use your default bank card.
- Push the Digital Crown to go back to your watch face after you feel a gentle buzz to confirm your payment.
- Double-click the side button on your Apple Watch if you want to use a different card to make a purchase,
- Swipe left or right and select the card you'd like to use.
- With the new card selected, hold your Apple Watch near the reader to pay.
- Push the Digital Crown to go back to your watch face until you feel a gentle buzz to confirm your payment.
As you can see, making an Apple Pay purchase is relatively pain-free and works like a charm!
Are you looking for a new Apple Watch?
Updated March 2022: Includes information on the latest versions of iOS and watchOS.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Bryan M. Wolfe has written about technology for over a decade on various websites, including TechRadar, AppAdvice, and many more. Before this, he worked in the technology field across different industries, including healthcare and education. He’s currently iMore’s lead on all things Mac and macOS, although he also loves covering iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Bryan enjoys watching his favorite sports teams, traveling, and driving around his teenage daughter to her latest stage show, audition, or school event in his spare time. He also keeps busy walking his black and white cocker spaniel, Izzy, and trying new coffees and liquid grapes.