If you use the default Mail app on your Mac and you're running OS X Mountain Lion, you can add a sender to your VIP list just as easily as you can on your iPhone or iPad. VIP list basically will filter out emails you want based on who is sending them, therefore making finding messages a lot easier.
Don't know how to use VIP Inbox on your Mac? Here's how:
- Launch Mail on your Mac running OS X Mountain Lion.
- Find the email from the person that you'd like to make a VIP and click on it.
- Now click on the sender's name and you'll get a dropdown menu.
- To add the person to your VIP list, simply click on Add to VIPs.
- That person will now show up under the VIP section of Mac mail and allow you to now filter emails only from them.
That's all there is to it. If you ever want to remove that person from your VIP list, you can just easily toggle it off the same way you turned it on.
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
I believe you can also simply click the star that appears beside the contact's name when you hover over it in the header, which will also add it to your VIP list.
I like using VIP but lately, when I close and later reopen my Mac, the VIPs have gone and I need to reinstall them????
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.