Reading Lists is Apple's own take on a read-it-later service. Built right into the Safari browser on iPhone and iPad, Reading Lists let you save any articles you stumble across while browsing the web so you can go back and read them at your convenience. Because Reading Lists sync via [iCloud], that can be on the go with your iPhone, lounging at home on your iPad, or while you're enjoying a coffee at your Mac. Since Safari Reading List can save stories from almost any site, it's also perfect for recipes, funny articles, and anything else you want to remember to share later.
- Launch Safari from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. You can also use any other third party app that supports sending links to Safari's Reading List.
- Navigate to the web address for the article or page that you'd like to add to your Reading List.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Tap on Add to Reading List.
The process can vary a little in App Store apps that support Safari Reading List. If all else fails, just look for a Share button or hold down on a link to see if the option comes up.
- Launch Safari from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Bookmarks icon in the bottom navigation menu.
- Tap on the icon in the top navigation that looks like reading glasses.
- This is your Safari Reading List. Now just tap on the story you'd like to start reading.
Note: Originally published, December 2013. Updated, November 2014.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Protect your iPad Air 4 and add some personal flair with a great case
The iPad Air 4 is a powerful tablet that will let you do work, play games, and get creative. If you want to get the most out of your iPad Air 4, a well-designed case will go a long way.