What you need to know
- Hyper has released its new stackable GaN chargers.
- The new chargers come in a 65W and 100W configuration.
Hyper has launched its latest product, a new set of GaN chargers that boast multiple connections and the ability to stack them on top of each other for more power.
The company says that its crowdfunding campaign raised over $700,00 from more than 12,000 backers in order to make the new chargers possible. The 65W version includes a wall outlet with 1500W of power, two USB-C ports with 100W Power Delivery 3.0, and one USB-A port with 18W Quick Charge 3.0. The 100W version adds one more USB-C port.
You can check out the full feature list of the new GaN chargers below:
- World's First Stackable 100W GaN Charger: Unique patented design powered by Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology
- Incredibly Compact and Powerful: New GaN semiconductor technology is 50% smaller, charges faster and more efficiently than traditional silicon-based chargers.
- 4 Quick Charging Ports: 3 x USB-C Power Delivery 3.0 (Max 100W) and 1 x USB-A Quick Charge 3.0 (Max 18W) ports
- Stays Secure to the Wall: Innovative slim design stays secure to the wall, unlike large and bulky wall chargers that can accidentally unplug easily.
- Built-in Foldable Wall Plugs: Foldable plugs (US prong only) and no messy cables optimize portability with a 1500W rated pass-through AC outlet.
- Protect Your Charger & Devices: Keep your devices safe with industry-leading over-current, over-voltage, overheating, and short-circuit protection.
- Highly Efficient and Stays Cool: Lab-tested, industry-leading 95% power efficiency and low-temperature operation (60ºC exterior).
A report back in January said that Apple may begin orders of GaN from its supply chain partners as soon as this year, setting the company up to make the switch from silicon and release its own Apple-branded GaN chargers. GaN allows chargers to be much smaller while still providing the same amount of power to devices.
It's currently unclear when Apple may join other companies like Hyper, Anker, Belkin, Aukey, and others by releasing its own GaN chargers. If you want to find some more chargers for your devices, check out our list of the Best iPhone 12 Chargers 2021.
You can purchase the new GaN chargers directly on the Hyper website.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.