Since the iPad has started to branch off from the iPhone in terms of what it can do with a larger screen, Apple has decided to rebrand iOS on the iPad to iPadOS. We have a guide on everything you need to know about iPadOS, but one of the coolest features are the new keyboard shortcuts with physical keyboards. This includes Apple's own Smart Keyboard Folio as well as every other physical Bluetooth keyboard that works with your iPad.
Apple stated that there are around 30 new keyboard shortcuts total in Safari, and here are the ones that they revealed in the WWDC keynote earlier this year:
- Use default font size in Reader (Cmd + 0)
- Open link in background (Cmd + tap)
- Toggle downloads (Cmd + Alt)
- Open link in new window (Cmd + Alt + tap)
- Use selection for Find (Cmd + E)
- Email this page (Cmd + I)
- Open link in new tab (Cmd + Shift + tap)
- Decrease Reader text size (Cmd + -)
- Zoom in (Cmd + +)
- Zoom out (Cmd + -)
- Save webpage (Cmd + S)
- Change focused element (Alt + tab)
- Focus Smart Search field (Cmd + Alt + F)
- Dismiss web view in app (Cmd + W)
- Increase Reader text size (Cmd + +)
- Download linked file (Alt + tap)
- Add link to Reading List (Shift + tap)
- Close other tabs (Cmd + Alt + W)
- Scroll around screen (arrow keys)
- Paste without formatting (Cmd + Shift + Alt + V)
- New Private tab (Cmd + Shift + N)
- Actual size (Cmd + 0)
- Open search result (Cmd + Return)
- Toggle bookmarks (Cmd + Alt + 1)
These new physical keyboard shortcuts are bound to make your iPad life a bit easier. These new shortcuts will work in conjunction with the previous ones that we're familiar with.
iPadOS is available today, Sept. 24 as a free update.
September 2019: Updated for iPadOS public release.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Sonos CEO responds to backlash, will continue to update legacy products
Sonos recently announced that a bunch of its older products will no longer receive updates come May 2020. That ruffled a lot of feathers, and now Sonos’ CEO has issued another statement to set things straight.
Apple launches shiny new Jobs At Apple page
Apple has overhauled its Jobs At Apple page to give it a brand new, striking look complete with colorful Apple logos and new feature sections!
Elevate your Apple Watch with this elegant bracelet-style Wearlizer band
This pretty rhinestone-enhanced Apple Watch bangle bracelet looks more like jewelry on your wrist than a health and fitness band.
Protect your new iPad with these great cases
Keep your new 10.2-inch iPad in mint condition with these fantastic cases!