What you need to know
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl has received multiple updates since its release on November 19.
- The latest 1.1.2 update fixes some core issues that prevented some players from moving forward.
- However, it also patches glitches that made it possible to clone Pokémon.
While many fans were satisfied with the release of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, others encountered bugs and glitches that stopped them from progressing in both the Veilstone and Snowpoint City with no way of moving forward without restarting their game in some cases.
Other glitches were more welcome, however, like one which allowed players to duplicate Pokémon. This is attractive for those who want to clone Legendary Pokémon like Dialga and Palkia, which can only be obtained once per save file.
Here are the full patch notes for the 1.1.2 update as stated on the official Nintendo site:
Ver. 1.1.2 (Releasing December 1, 2021)
- Fixed some issues that would prevent the game from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Some issues have also been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
If you want to continue duplicating Pokémon, here's how:
- Head to Settings on the HOME Menu
- Immediately place your Nintendo Switch in Flight Mode. This can only be accessed in handheld mode, but cuts off all wireless communication from your system before your game can update.
- Scroll down to "System" in the left-hand margin
- Change the settings for "Automatic Software Updates" to "Off"
- If your game already started updating, you can cancel the update and play your game as normal.
That's it! For now, the game is complete, so you should be able to continue playing without issue. However, if future events are released, you may need to update your game to access them. We'll keep you updated if that happens.
Let's go, Sinnoh!
Embark on an epic adventure
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are gorgeous remakes of the popular Nintendo DS titles that were first released in 2006. Explore the world, complete your Pokédex, and battle it out across eight gyms and countless Pokémon trainers, all dressed up in an amazing chibi style.
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.