Pokémon Legends: Arceus players can redeem free support items and a Growlithe
What you need to know
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus is an open-world type game set in the ancient Sinnoh region, dubbed Hisui.
- Players can redeem free items via a code using the Mystery Gift functionality in the game.
- These Mystery Gifts include stat-boosting items and a special Hisuian Growlithe.
Everybody likes free stuff, and there's a whole bunch of it coming to Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Using the Mystery Gift option, players can download special and unique items or Pokémon to use in their game. The Mystery Gift option takes around two hours from the moment you start the game to unlock, so if you've just picked this up, you'll have to be patient.
The newest Mystery Gift promotions offer lots of cool items to use in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Here's how to obtain them:
- Press the Up Arrow to open the bag on the left Joy-Con or Pro Controller when in the game.
- Press ZR twice to head to the Communications tab.
- Select Mystery Gifts, and choose the method in which you'd like to obtain them.
- Up until May 9th, 2022, players can select "Get via Internet" to receive unique clothing items.
Here are the following codes players can enter when selecting "Get via Code/Password":
- ARCEUSADVENTURE — Grants the player 30 Ultra Balls, 30 Gigaton Balls, and 30 Jet balls. This distribution will run until March 31st, 2022.
- THX4Y0URHELP — Grants the player 5 Grit Pebbles, 5 Rare Candies, and 5 Star Pieces. This distribution will run until April 1st, 2022. Note that there are no letter Os in these codes, and that the number zero is used instead.
Another Mystery Gift offers a special Hisuian Growlithe, which, when transferred out of the game, will have its Hidden Ability, Justified. The method to obtain it is different depending on one's region. Players in the US can obtain a code by visiting their local GameStop, while those in Europe simply need to visit their corresponding GameStop's website, or GAME in the case of the UK.
However, codes are not region-locked, so US players can visit the GAME website (opens in new tab), enter their email address, and later receive two codes in their email. One code grants the player their special Hisuian Growlithe which can be picked up at the pastures in Jubilife Village, while the other grants the player 20 Feather Balls.
Create the first Pokédex
Choose from a medley of starters: Cyndaquil, Rowlet, or Oshawatt, and embark on a journey through feudal Sinnoh ad you strive to create the very first Pokédex. This open-world adventure is a whole new take on the Pokémon formula, with new mechanics and mysteries to uncover.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.