What you need to know
- Western Digital has announced the SanDisk® iXpand® Flash Drive Luxe.
- The drive features both Lightning and USB-C to transfer files between iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Those who need to move files between an iPhone and a USB-C Mac or iPad have a new option to do so.
Today, Western Digital announced the SanDisk® iXpand® Flash Drive Luxe, the company's first flash drive with both a Lightning and USB-C connector. With an all-metal casing, the flash drive will enable owners to move files between their iPhone and USB-C Macs as well as the new iPad Air and iPad Pro.
Susan Park, Vice President of Consumer Solutions at Western Digital, says that drive is focused on creators who want a solution to create on the go without worrying about wireless connections or storage space.
Below are all of the key features of the iXpand® Flash Drive Luxe:
- Seamlessly move content between compatible devices, iPhone, iPad Pro, Mac as well as USB Type-C devices, including Android phones.
- All-metal casing flash drive with dual Lightning and USB Type-C connectors.
- Easily free up space on iPhone devices so you can keep creating content.
- Automatically back up iPhone photos, videos, and more.
- Password-protect your files across iPhone, PC, and Mac devices.
- Stylish dual-purpose swivel design protects connectors and features a keyring hole to take the drive on the go.
The pricing on the new flash drive is as follows:
- 64GB for $45
- 128GB for $60
- 256GB for $90
The SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Luxe is available now through Western Digital, Amazon, and other retailers.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.