What you need to know
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees is coming to the App Store on February 25.
- Gamers will be able to play on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- An Apple Arcade subscription will be required in order to download the game.
Apple Arcade is set to receive another stunning title on Friday, February 25 when Gibbon: Beyond the Trees swings into action.
A gorgeous game from the Apple Design Award-winning developers behind Old Man's Journey and ELOH, this title will have players swinging across the screen using acrobatic moves and more.
- Experience free-flowing dynamic movement based on brachiation, the way real gibbons swing through the trees
- Master acrobatic moves, including launching from another gibbon's hands in mid air
- A touching adventure of a family of gibbons trying to survive amid an encroaching human threat.
- Play through an hourlong adventure in story mode, or race to freedom through a procedurally generated jungle in liberation mode.
- Stunning 2D hand painted visuals that breathe life into a rapidly vanishing world.
- Explore varied environments, from the wild jungles of Southeast Asia to the hectic human world beyond.
- Gibbon: Beyond the Trees deals with challenging but acute environmental topics, including deforestation, poaching and climate change.
Gamers will need to pay $4.99 per month for Apple Arcade to download the game. Apple Arcade is also available alongside Apple Music and Apple TV+ as part of the Apple One subscription bundle as well. That bundle could even save you some money depending on the services you use and is well worth checking out.
If you want to upgrade your Apple Arcade gaming experience, check out our list of the best game controllers for mobile gaming.
Unlimited games, one price
Apple Arcade has over a hundred premium games with more added regularly each week. There is something here for everyone, and it only costs $5 a month for all you can game!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.