What you need to know
- Scooter game Touchgrind Scooter has been downloaded one million times in its first month in the App Store.
- The game has players using their fingers to explore a city on their scooter.
Touchgrind Scooter, a game that has players race around a city and do tricks on their scooter, has been downloaded one million times in just its first month in the App Store, developer Illusion Labs has announced.
Announced via press release, the huge download numbers have the game sitting in the number 24 spot in the 'Sports' category in the App Store.
What makes the game so compelling? For starters, it's free which always helps — although there are in-app purchases available which is obviously where Illusion Labs makes its money. But the game itself sounds fun as well, something that's vital if a game like this is to keep players coming back for more.
Touchgrind Scooter encourages players to grind rails, scale huge ramps and more on dozens of fully customizable scooters. With over 100 colors and gear to choose from there are millions of combinations! Players can show off their designs with pride while traversing the game's realistic 3D settings. New to the series is the GPS leaderboard that lets players do all of this with their neighborhood friends or players in their city, state or country.
Other features include:
- Two-finger controls as seen in Touchgrind BMX 2
- Customizable scooters with loads of different combinations
- Realistic 3D graphics
- An original soundtrack
- Unlockable scooters and gear
- Tricky, freestyle & versus modes
- A personalized profile
- Challenges and trophies
- A ranking system based on your location - world, country, city, and even among friends
- Realistic physics
Gamers can download Touchgrind Scooter from the App Store now.
Big into mobile gaming? It's time to level up with some of the best iPhone game controllers on the market today. It might not be something that will benefit you when playing this particular game, but a good controller can make the world of difference when you're playing others.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.