macOS Catalina is coming soon! Are you ready to upgrade? Apple has made it easier than ever to update to the latest operating system, even if you are running an older operating system on your Mac.
Step 1: Check your compatibility
First and foremost, make sure your Mac is compatible with macOS Catalina. In general, most Macs from 2012 or newer are compatible. Here's a list of Macs that can run macOS Catalina:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid-2010 and mid-2012 models with recommended Metal-capable GPU)
Just because your Mac supports Catalina, doesn't necessarily mean you should update, at least right away. There are a few things to consider.
Step 2: Back up your Mac!
Before downloading any major update to your Mac operating system, it is very important to back up your data. The best way to ensure a smooth transition from an older operating system to Catalina is with Time Machine. If you don't already have a backup plan in place, there are a few options you can check out.
Step 3: Download and install macOS Catalina
Apple has made it easy to download and install macOS Catalina right from your system settings.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Software Updates.
- Click on Update Now.
- How to install macOS Catalina over the Catalina beta seed
- Should you carry over your current Mac settings or do a clean install of macOS Catalina
- How to install a fresh copy of macOS Catalina on your Mac
- How to remove a hard drive partition on your Mac
- How to downgrade from macOS Catalina
If you run into trouble during the upgrade process, give us a shout!
SENA Wallet Book Case beautifully protects your iPhone and valuables
This gorgeous case holds your iPhone as well as up to three cards plus cash securely.
'App Store Confidential' is in number one spot on Amazon thanks to Apple
The controversial "App Store Confidential" book is now the number one bestseller on Amazon. All because Apple is trying to get it banned.
AirPods Pro Lite rumors just won't go away with mid-2020 launch suggested
If AirPods and AirPods Pro aren't right for you, what about AirPods Pro Lite? A new report suggests a mid-2020 launch window.
Great video editing software for your Mac
You don't need to buy expensive video-editing software to get the job done. Here are some of the hottest video-editing software for Mac on the market today.