Daily Tip: How to restart/reset your iPhone or iPad [Beginner]
iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad having problems or just being buggy and unresponsive and curious how to restart or reset it? Strange as it sounds, just like a computer, restarting or resetting can solve a host of problems. We'll show you how after the break!
Update: Re-Spring iPhone 4S with Siri
iPhone 4S can do a very quick re-Spring (relaunch of the Springboard, or
Restart your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
The first thing to try is a simple restart.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears on the screen.
- Slide your finger across the slide and the iPhone will turn off.
- Turn the iPhone back on again by pressing the Sleep / Wake button until the Apple logo appears on screen.
It will take a little bit till your iPhone turns back on this is normal dont worry.
If the problem is still there after a power down or if the power down option failed due to a freeze up, there is another option. You can reset your iPhone. Don’t panic, your normal data will not be wiped.
Reset your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds.
- Ignore the red slider that appears on the screen and keep holding both buttons until the Apple logo appears.
That’s it, iPhone will restart and hopefully all your problems are cured.
The two methods are slightly different, the first method is a soft reset only and leaves running programsin memory. The second method completely powers down your iPhone and also clears the RAM and cache.
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)