Daily Tip: How to right-justify text on iPhone, iPad
Trying to figure out how to right-justify text on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad? Built-in apps don't have alignment options but there is a work around if you really want some text stuck to the right margin. We'll show you how, after the break.
If you really, truly want to have some text right-justified on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you need to first enable an international keyboard for a language that's written right to left.
- Launch Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Keyboard
- Tap International Keyboards
- Tap Add New Keyboard
- Select a Hebrew, Japanese, etc. (anything that writes right to left)
Now you're ready to right-justify in an iOS app like Notes, Mail, etc!
- Launch Notes (or any app where you can type text)
- Type a word
- Double tap the word to select it (like you would for copy and paste)
- Arrows will appear at the far right side of the popup menu
- Tap the arrows to toggle between left and right justify
That's it! You can now stick text to the left or right margin on a line-by-line basis!
If you have any other cool iOS text tricks, let us know in comments!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)