How do you change the email address associated with your iCloud and iTunes accounts? Through your Apple ID!
Your Apple ID is what you use to make purchases in iTunes and on the App Store, as well as to log into and use iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, and Apple's online store, if that's where you buy your products. If you change email addresses or don't have access to the email currently tied to your Apple ID, you can easily change it.
How to change the email address linked to your Apple ID
- Launch Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
Log in with your account credentials.
- If asked, verify your identity after logging in.
- Click or tap on Edit under the Account section.
Click or tap on Change Email Address... under Apple ID.
- Enter your new email address. (Reminder: It can't be an address you've used with any other Apple ID.)
- Click or tap on Continue.
- You'll be prompted to enter a verification code sent to your new email address.
- Once you've verified your new email address, click Done to save your changes.
If you have any questions or need any extra help, let me know!
Originally published June 2014. Updated October 2016 to reflect changes to iOS 10.