Your Apple ID is what you use to make purchases in iTunes and to link your iPhone and iPad to your iCloud account. If you buy Apple products online, you also associate those purchases with your Apple ID. If you change email addresses or don't have access to the email currently tied to your Apple ID, you can easily change it.
How to change the email address linked to your Apple ID
- Launch Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and go to appleid.apple.com
- If on an iOS device, tap on Manage Your Apple ID.
- If asked, verify your identity after logging in.
- Click or tap on Edit in the Apple ID and Primary Email Address section.
- Enter your new email address. Remember, the email you use can not be an existing Apple ID.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Save Changes.
That's it! You'll get an email asking you to confirm that you own the email you're attempting to associate. Once you verify, you're all set!