Siri works great in conjunction with the built-in Reminders app. Not only can Siri create and add reminders to pretty much any list you have, Siri can also make it incredibly easy to manage and share a shopping list. So the next time you need milk or want someone in your house to pick it up while at the store, just tell Siri!
- How to create a shopping list in the Reminders app and add items with Siri
- How to share your shopping list with iCloud
- Launch the Reminders app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the plus sign by New List at the top.
- Title it Shopping.
- Pick a different label color if you'd like and then tap Done in the upper right hand corner.
- Now press and hold the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to launch Siri.
- Say something like "Add bread to my shopping list." — you can obviously replace bread with whatever item you'd like.
- Tap Confirm to add your item.
That's all there is to it! Repeat this process whenever you need to add items to your shopping list. It's much easier than unlocking your iPhone or iPad, launching the Reminders app itself, and typing in your items. Sure that may be easier when you have lots of items to add at once, but when it needs to be quick, Siri is a better bet.
Now that only leaves one thing left, sharing your new list!
Sharing your shopping list with others in your house makes it incredibly easy to make sure nothing gets forgotten at the store. Just remind them to add anything they need before you head out to do your shopping. After you share your list, iCloud will sync all changes between both of your iPhones and iPads so you see what each other adds and ticks off in real time.
Unfortunately Reminders lists can't yet be shared right from your iPhone or iPad, so for this step, you'll need to open a web browser.
- Go to iCloud.com from any web browser.
- Log in to your iCloud account that contains the list you want to share.
- Click on the Reminders icon once you're logged in.
- In the left hand navigation, click on the share icon next to the reminders list you'd like to share — in this case, the Shopping list.
- Type in the iCloud email of the person you'd like to share the shopping list with and click Done.
That's it! The person on the receiving end will receive a notification that you've shared a list with them and they'll be able to accept it right on their iPhone or iPad. Once they do, both of you will have easy access to adding and checking off items in your shopping list! You can repeat this process any time you want to share a list with anyone.