While Reminders will never replace a sophisticated "getting things done" app, it is a pretty great "getting started" app for those new to to-dos. You can use Reminders to make shopping lists or packing lists or to keep work and home organized. You can set reminders for specific times or specific locations, so you can remember to take medication when you need to, and stop by the store when you leave the office. You can add to dos at any time with Siri — and "Hey Siri!", totally hands-free! — and even remind yourself about anything you're looking at on any Apple device just by saying "remember this!".
How to set up Reminders lists
The Reminders apps for iPhone and iPad l lets you create to-do and task lists, and even share them with a friend. Whether it's a grocery list for you and your family, a party list for your friends, or a "getting things done" list for that big project at home or at work, reminder lists will keep you focused and organized!
- How to create a Reminders list on iPhone and iPad
- How to create a shared reminders list
- How to accept a shared Reminders invitation
- How to delete a Reminders list
How to create to-dos in Reminders
Sure, you can add a task to a list in the Reminders app. But if you really want to get things done, you can add due date to your reminder... or even a due location. That way you can get alerts not only for specific times, but when you leave or arrive at specific places as well. Never forget to take the pizza out the oven, call home when you leave work, or pick up milk when you get to the store again!
- How to create a reminder on iPhone and iPad
- How to add an alert with a due date to a reminder on iPhone and iPad
- How to create a repeating alert due date in Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- How to add a location-based alert in Reminders for iPhone and iPad
How to clear Reminders
There are two ways to remove a task from Reminders. The first by tapping the completed button, which marks the task as done and hides it from the active list. The other way is to manually delete the task from the list, whether you've done it or not.
- How to mark a Reminder as completed on your iPhone or iPad
- How to view completed reminders on your iPhone or iPad
- How to delete a reminder on your iPhone or iPad
How to edit Reminders
Just because you've set a to-do or task doesn't mean you're stuck with it. Reminders lets you add timers or location alerts, edit text and change priority, even add notes if you need them.
- How to change the priority of a reminder on iPhone and iPad
- How to change a time-based alert in a reminder on iPhone and iPad
- How to change a location-based alert in Reminders for iPhone and iPad
- How to move a Reminder to a different list on iPhone and iPad
- How to add notes to a Reminder on iPhone and iPad
How to share Reminders with Family Sharing
If you're using Family Sharing, you can share Reminders with everyone in your group. From shopping list items to household chores, packing lists to game day tasks, shared reminders are a great way to keep the whole family organized and engaged. The best part is once you've enabled Family Sharing, you're good to go!
How to set reminders and update to-do lists with Siri
Siri was designed to help you get things done, and part of that job description is creating and updating your Reminders. If you need to be prodded to pick up milk on the way home, order that present in time for the big party, or set up that lunch meeting before the end of the day, Siri's there to help.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Live transcript: Here's what Apple said at its Q4 20 earnings call
We're transcribing Apple's Q4 earnings call live. Catch up on everything being said.
Apple's latest macOS Big Sur beta mentions three unreleased Macs
The latest macOS Big Sur beta appears to reference three new, unreleased Macs. Could these be related to Apple silicon?
Review: This is the iPhone 12 you're looking for
The iPhone 12 is a complete redesign over the iPhone 11 and X before it, but is this the year to upgrade? Is a flat edge worth all this hubbub?
Automate your viewing habits with the best HomeKit TVs
HomeKit TVs are finally here, and they are awesome! Take your viewing experience to the next level with the best HomeKit TVs that are available now.