How to disable Control Center access from the Lock screen
By default, Control Center can be accessed from anywhere, including the Lock screen. While it doesn't share or access personal information, it does potentially let pranksters or even thieves disable services on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and even put it into Airplane mode so you can't track it later. Having Control Center available is hugely convenient, but if security is more important to you, you can easily turn Lock screen access off.
How to stop iOS 7 Control Center from appearing on the Lock screen
Here's how to stop Control Center from coming up on the iOS 7 Lock screen:
- Launch the Settings app from the Home Screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Control Center.
- Toggle the Access on Lock Screen setting to the Off position.
That's all there is to it. Control Center will not longer be accessible from the Lock Screen of your iPhone or iPad.
How to get more help with Control Center
If you have additional questions, or need some more help with Control Center or iOS 7, check out the following resources!
- iOS 7: The complete review
- iOS 7.1: The complete review
- iOS 7: Everything you need to know
- How to use Home screen: The ultimate guide
- How to use Touch ID: The ultimate guide
- How to use Control Center: The ultimate guide
- How to use Notification Center for iPhone and iPad: The ultimate guide
- How to use AirDrop for iPhone and iPad: The ultimate guide
- How to use iMessage: The ultimate guide
- How to use Safari for iPhone and iPad: The ultimate guide
- How to use iCloud Keychain: The ultimate guide