If you no longer need an email account on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, say if you changed schools, jobs, or service providers, you can easily delete. If you're simply going out of town, on vacation, or otherwise off-the-grid and you don't want the distraction or data demands that might go with mail, you can also temporarily turn it off and give yourself a break.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap on the name of the account you'd like to deleted or disable.
- To temporarily disable the account, toggle the Mail option to the Off position.
- To delete the account entirely, tap the red Delete button at the bottom of the screen, and confirm the deletion .
To get your email going again, just repeat the procedure and toggle the mail option back to the on position. To restore a deleted email account, just set it up again like you did the first time.