Notification Center collects all of the notifications your receive on your iPhone or iPad into one easy-to-access place. By default you can even pull down Notification Center from your Lock screen to see any messages or other notifications you may have recently missed. If, however, for privacy and security reasons, you prefer Notification Center not be accessible from the Lock screen, there's an easy way to disable it!
How to turn off Notification Center on your iOS Lock screen
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enter your passcode when prompted in order to continue.
- Under the Allow Access When Locked section, turn Off the options for Today and Notifications View.
Now you should no longer be able to swipe down to access Notification Center on the Lock screen. If you still want to see upcoming events for your day, you can always leave Today View turned on. If you don't want notifications available on the Lock screen, just turn off Notifications View.
How to get more help with Notification Center
If you need more help setting up, using, or trouble-shooting Notification Center on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac, head on over to our iOS forum and ask away!
- How to use Lock screen notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to access Notification Center on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- How to disable Notification Center on the Lock screen of your iPhone and iPad
- How to use Notification Center banners, popups, and alerts
- How to enable Do Not Disturb
- How to schedule Do Not Disturb for specific times
- How to customize Do Not Disturb settings
- How to disable Lock screen alerts in Notification Center
- How to disable banners and pop-up alerts in Notification Center
- How to disable app icon badges in Notification Center
- How to disable sounds in Notification Center
- How to customize the Today view on Notification Center for iPhone and iPad
- How to automatically sort Notification Center alerts by date and time
- How to manually sort Notification Center alerts by app
- How to use the flash on your iPhone as a LED notification light