How to redeem an app promo code or gift card through iTunes
iTunes, iBooks, and App Store gift cards as well as app promo codes are all redeemed the same way, with one of those ways being through iTunes on your computer. If you've received a gift card or a promo code, you can fire up iTunes and redeem your card for store credit in just a matter of seconds.
Not sure how? Follow along and we'll show you.
- Launch iTunes on either your Mac or PC.
- If you are in your library, click on iTunes Store in the upper right hand corner.
- Under the Quick Links section of the main page of the iTunes store (it's on the right hand side), click on the Redeem button.
- You will most likely be prompted to enter your iTunes password. Go ahead and enter it and proceed.
- Now you'll see a box that allows you to enter the code inside of it. You can find this code on the back of your gift card. You also have an option of snapping a photo of the code by clicking on the Camera button, but certain restrictions do apply and some cards won't work with this method. All codes will work when manually entered.
- After you've entered your code, click the Redeem button.
- If you entered the code correctly, you should receive a confirmation screen showing how much credit has been added to your iTunes balance. If all went ok, just click the Done button to return to the iTunes store. If you have more codes to redeem, you can easily do so by clicking on the Redeem Another Code button instead.
That's all there is to it, you can now start looking for apps, books, and music to spend your iTunes credit on.