How to send an iTunes or Apple Store gift card with the Apple Store app for iPhone
The Apple Store app not only lets you pick up the latest Apple gear, no computer required — it also lets you gift things to others. One of the most common gifts we tend to give are iTunes and Apple Store gift cards. The Apple Store app lets you do that too, if you know where to look. Here's how:
How to send an iTunes or Apple Store gift card from your iPhone with the Apple Store app
- Launch the Apple Store app only your iPhone. If you don't have it already, you can download it in the App store for free. Download Now
- In the top search bar type in gift cards.
- The search results should populate all the gift cards available. Just choose the one you'd like to send.
- Next choose to either include a message or add it to your card.
- Once you're done selecting your options, choose Checkout in the top.
That's all there is to it. Complete checkout like you would for any other purchase on your iPhone. Typically you'll use the exact same Apple ID you use to buy apps with in the App Store or music you purchase through iTunes. Notice you can also choose from some gift cards whether you'd like to email the gift or actually mail it.
Next time you have to buy someone a gift card, give it a try! Do you find it more convenient than having to go to the store and pick up a plastic card?