How to subscribe to iTunes Match from your iPhone or iPad
iTunes Match is Apple's music locker service. For $25 a year it lets your store and listen to up to 25,000 songs on Apple's iCloud servers, including songs you've previously ripped from TV. If you have more music than you can comfortably store on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac laptop, iTunes Match is a great way to keep both your storage free and your music available. And now, with iOS 7.1, you can subscribe to iTunes Match directly from your iPhone or iPad!
Note: iTunes Match isn't yet available in every country. Here's Apple's official list of supported regions:
How to subscribe to iTunes Match
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7.1 or higher.
- Scroll down and tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on Subscribe to iTunes Match. Note that you'll only see this option when you're signed into your iTunes account with your Apple ID. If you aren't, do that first.
- On the iTunes Match menu, tap on the Subscribe button that shows the price for your country.
- A popup will appear asking you to confirm your subscription. Tap on Subscribe.
- Type in your Apple ID password when asked.
That's all there is to it. You should instantly have access to iTunes Match after subscribing. If you've subscribed, let me know what you think of it in the comments? Does having your music in the cloud save you lots of storage space on your iPhone or iPad?