Today's podcast is a big one. We cover all of the new news with the upcoming O2 and T-Mobile launches, the Smartphone Round Robin sides of things, Google's Android and whether it competes with Apple, plenty of iTunes news, and the final words from the community..
Phone Different Podcast Number Eight For
Monday November 5 Tuesday November 6, 2007
I never start by saying there isn't much news, and this week is no different.
- the Smartphone Round Robin. Been a lot of fun, actually.
- Jennifer's First Looks and Jennifer's last looks on the iPhone at TreoCentral.
- My First Looks at the Curve. and my Last Looks at the Curve
- iPhone on O2 and T-Mobile on Friday. As they say, "Ab 9. November exklusiv bei T-Mobile."
- jailbreaking: easiest method yet
- 1.1.2 firmware prevents TIFF jailbreak hack. if you want to jailbreak, skip 1.1.2 for now.
- iTunes 7.5 on the way very soon. maybe in tandem with iPhone update? it was the iTunes in use for the 1.1.2 firmware.
- Pontificate: Leopard iPhone update? Notes sync, etc.
- Developers eager to fill holes in iPhone functionality
- Apple dealing directly with show producers. Apple doesn't have to deal with the networks (case in point, scrubs) in all cases. In many cases, they deal with not the network but the actual producer of a show.
- NBC Wanted iPod Cut. A cut of the iPod sales would cut Apple profit margins. Apple would never say yes to this. Plus, iPod market isn't saturated yet. How much growth is looming for NBC?
About iTunes 7.5 for Mac: iTunes 7.5 features the ability to activate iPhone wherever service is offered and support for Phase, a new interactive music game designed exclusively for iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod (fifth generation). This release also includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance.
- Lots of community sites in legal danger, not this one
- Refusing Cash for iPhones... stop 5 at a time unlockers?
- Leopard is out.
- GPhone / Android, Engadget Letter
Bonus AT&T Section
- Finally have AT&T 3G at my house... nice to have the tilt around for testing. Part of AT&T's core network upgrades (link again). mebbe some tilt chat.
store dot phonedifferent dot com
Phones are staffed with our sales and support staff from 8AM eastern standard to 8PM eastern standard.
to call the store: 866 757 7752
to email the store: sales@phonedifferent dot com
To contact us, dial 866 757 7752 extension 222. or you can email us at podcast at phonedifferent dot com, it goes directly to both of us.
p>Highlights from the community:
- some users returning to the tilt. article tomorrow!
- Phone Different Forums for the Smartphone Round Robin. So much stuff there. only other place is CrackBerry.com. Contest aspect.