Vector 55: Turtles all the way down, with Ben Thompson
Vector is a news and analysis show focusing on the biggest stories, hottest trends, and most important issues in technology and popular culture. On this week's show, Apple university and the state of management training, Microsoft's stack ranking and how it affected the company, Samsung and Xiaomi and the idea of legal vs. ethical vs. smart copying, the success and failures of innovation vs. imitation for companies and the economy, app design copying and what it means for designers, John Gruber's iPhone 6 math and the importance of touch target size, and native advertising in the context of podcast and RSS sponsorships. With Georgia Dow, Guy English, Dave Wiskus, Rene Ritchie, and special guest Ben Thompson. Subscribe and listen along!
- Debug 40: Nitin Ganatra episode II: OS X to iOS
- Scriptnotes 157: Threshers, Mergers and the Top Two Boxes
- Xiaomi Mi4 review: China's iPhone killer is unoriginal but amazing
- Where's the Samsung shaped dent in the universe?
- Conjecture Regarding Larger iPhone Displays
- Is Buzzfeed a tech company?
- Ben Thompson of Stratechery
- Georgia Dow of Isometric
- Guy English of Kickingbear
- Dave Wiskus of Better Elevation
- Rene Ritchie of Mobile Nations
Question, comment, recommendation, or something you want us to follow up on for the next show?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!