Squirrels, the developer behind Mac utilities Reflector and AirParrot, has released AirParrot Remote for iPhone and iPad. AirParrot for Mac allows you to wirelessly send content from your Mac to other devices, much like AirPlay, and now AirParrot Remote allows you to control the Mac app, including what media you send, and where you send it. Not only can you send music and videos to other devices, you can use AirParrot Remote to mirror your Mac's display right on your iPhone or iPad.
Here is what you can do with AirParrot Remote:
- Build Playlists: Find media files on your computer and add them to a playlist for continuous streaming.
- Control Your Computer: Once paired, AirParrot Remote can control the keyboard and mouse on your system.
- Control AirParrot 2: AirParrot Remote was designed to allow you to use AirParrot 2 without touching your computer. Initiate connections, select new destinations, mirror your display, extend your desktop and more.
- Preview Screens: View your selected display before you begin mirroring to make sure the content you've selected is what you want sent to your destination.
- Secure Pairing: Pairing AirParrot Remote to AirParrot 2 is easy and secure. The apps are paired directly together with no in-between connections. Use a Quick Connect Code (TM) or automatic discovery over a network to begin.
AirParrot Remote requires AirParrot 2 in order to work. You can grab AirParrot Remote from the App Store now.
- $6.99 - Download Now
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.